bits and pieces of my week so far


I finished my quilt top for the old red barn co. quilt along. It's very girly and all from the stash. (yay!!) It is 72" x 88". I used 42 blocks (12" finished) and then I cut the leftovers from each strip into 4.5" lengths. I added those little pieces to the top and the bottom. They added just the right amount of length to make it fit my daughter's bed. I almost kept going and made this a king size.



My girl and I made a rhubarb pie yesterday. It was so much fun.

Today is the last day of school. I have mixed feelings about that. I sure love my boys. They made cards for their teachers before school. Adorable. In the photo they are playing rock, paper, scissors while waiting for the bus.

My dad is here visiting. He's on vacation and currently he's at a hay expo of some sort. It's funny what farmers consider entertainment. He asked if we (my daughter and I) wanted to go along, but we had to pass on that one. :) no photos here. my dad is shy.

I also received some lovely, lovely mail....
A quilt from Chen. I was her giveaway winner. Yipee! The quilt is gorgeous. I can't stop looking at it! It's been chilly here, so I've been using it, too. It's fun to have a quilt made by someone else in my collection.

And my daughter received this beautiful dress from Carol. Isn't it sweet? I just love it. I have to laugh that it matches my wall and the little quilt on the wall that Jacquie made for me. :)

I hope you are having a wonderful week!