happy go lucky


when i started making these scrappy blocks yesterday, i had no idea where i was going with the quilt. i knew i wanted to use mostly flea market fancy fabric scraps. i added in a few katie jump rope scraps and plenty of white muslin scraps, too. i made a 3 or 4 blocks yesterday and the rest today. once i had 7 blocks arranged on the floor (this morning), i knew exactly how to set them. i threw together 2 more blocks and set them off center in a white background. that layout has been in my head for months...maybe years. i guess today was the day...it finally rattled around in there long enough. :)
i

L
O
V
E
this quilt.

it's overcast today, so the photos aren't the best.
i tried hanging it in a tree...
and spread out on the ground...

and finally went to my old stand by spot after all.

it measures 69" x 88"

i tried to push myself to make the blocks a little wonkier than usual. and i tried to push myself out of my comfort zone in regards to color. i constructed the patch of 9 blocks differently than i normally would, too. i do love the results. so, so much.

this brings my total flimsies (quilt tops only) back up to 4. yikes!

and an aside...happy go lucky does not describe my personality in the least. i sure wish it did, though. :)