oh cherrry oh

my 20th quilt of the year is done!

this was my first time using a layer cake (precut squares that measure 10") and a jelly roll (precut strips that are 2.5" wide). it made the quilt top assembly very quick. i used the pattern patchwork rendezvous and the fabric is oh cherry oh from moda.

all the time i saved in assembling the qulit top i made up for quilting it. i used almost 18 bobbins of thread! i still can't believe that i did that much quilting on this baby, but it was so worth it. i love the texture! i was hoping that this might become my signature quilting design, but it's way too labor intensive for all my quilts. i think my arms would fall off.

i used a red polka dot from the sweet line (also from moda) for the binding. i can't get enough red polka dots. I love them!

the backing looks embossed, doesn't it? this fabric is from joann's.

the quilt measures 62" x 76" after washing. it's a nice lap size.

i am so very proud of this one!