peaches and cream


I think this quilt will be going to my friend Bonnie, if she wants it. :) I really, really need to become and unselfish quilter again.

For this quilt I pieced the batting using a zig zag stitch that many of your suggested after I posted this. (I have to say thank you for not laughing at me for hand piecing my batting!!!) Machine stitching it together is clearly the way to go. I think I used 9-10 pieces of long skinny batting strips in the process. It's so satisfying to make those ends into something useful. Reclaiming some closet storage space doesn't hurt, either.

I did a simple stipple in cream thread for the quilting. I love how it looks all quilted up.

And I finished it off with a wonderful green polka dot (from JoAnn's) for the backing and binding. I could use yards and yards of this fabric. I just love it.

The quilt measures 49" x 56".

-----
Edited to add: The pattern for this quilt was based on the snapshots pattern that is found in the book Happy Hour by Atkinson Designs. The block shown here is done at approximately 50% of the large block in the original pattern. (this one finishes at 7") Since this is a published pattern, I am not at liberty to share the measurements or a tutorial for this block.

The fabrics used in this quilt include a few thimbleberries prints, a tracy porter print and a few prints from moda...from the lines waters edge and urban indigo if i recall correctly. there is also one joel dewberry print and one unknown fabric.

oh, and bonnie loved the quilt. :) yay!