gracie


This quilt is going to be sent to some friends of mine who recently adopted a little girl. It was a particularly painful process that ended well. I'm so happy for them and I wanted to make a little quilt for the newest member of their family. The mama quilts, so I'm sure that it will be appreciated and used! :)

The top is made from all scraps. It continually amazes me just how far scraps go...even with the absence of sashing. The remainder of the quilt came from my stash. There was no pattern for this quilt, I just designed it as I went along.

I changed binding colors to match the color blocks. I love that detail.
To quilt it, I did a simple stipple in white thread.
The backing couldn't be a better match, could it?
After washing it measures 40" x 53".
I need to remember to make more baby quilts. They are so fun to make and easy to finish up quickly.