my studio


My husband and I share a studio/office/craft room...whatever you want to call it. It's not a large room-about 9' x 11'-but we make it work. I'll only share about my side of the room. :) My desk was custom built by my husband two houses ago. Every time we move, we talk about scraping it, but we end up moving it every time. It measures 6' on each side. I love it...it gives me plenty of work space with plenty of storage beneath. He built it around some baskets that I already had from IKEA and roller carts that we had from Target. It's made from MDF (medium density fiber board). I painted it white.
There is a decent size closet (to the left) that had built in shelves when we moved in. It stores (some of) my fabric scraps, upholstery fabric, vintage sheets, thread, sewing notions, etc, etc, etc. I get 7/8 of the closet, my husband gets 1/8. Did I mention that he is a sweetie? The metal garbage can (from IKEA) holds fabric scraps. I used to color code them, but I recently combined most of them. Storage space was becoming an issue. :)
Most of my stash is in two places. The smaller pieces reside in a three drawer roller cart. (right) I use the happy zombie's folding method for pieces 1 yard or less. I'd highly recommend it.
The larger chunks of fabric are stored on the top right section of this shelf. I fold them around my 6" cutting ruler. They fit in the space so well. These are 2 yard pieces or larger. In the baskets are more scraps, completed blocks and binding strips.
This is my view several hours a week.
The walls were red when we moved in. I love the color. I love it even more that we didn't have to paint it ourselves. :)
Ok...so here's a more accurate photo of what i usually looks like.....

So there it is, my studio space. I'm so thankful to have a dedicated space in my home for my hobby. And I'm so very thankful for an understanding and handy husband.
---
Do you care to share your workspace? If you do, blog about it and leave me a link to your post in the comments. I'd love to see your setup.