i have no new tricks

My daughter and I were invited to a little birthday party over the weekend. Our little friend just turned 3. The party and all the little girls were a-dor-a-ble. Think of little girls running around playing in pink tutus! Normally, I have gift giving anxiety, which I chalk up to one of my hundreds of insecurities. However, on Sunday, I was excited to be toting this little gift to the party, knowing that her mama appreciates hand made things. Hurray for that!
First off, I knit up some leg warmies. I adore these! This is proof positive that stripes are not only good for binding quilts. These are modeled by my daughter. It's very helpful to have a little one to try things on for size. And for photos, too. :)
I must knit a pair of these for my girl, too. MUST!!!
I made a little ticker tape quilt with coordinating pillow. I couldn't make it match exactly, since ticker tape quilts use scraps that are already at the bottom of the scrap food chain, so coordinating fabrics have to do. :)
Let's look at that little pillow closer....
Squeal!!!!!
 I don't know why I have such a hard time using really nice fabric...it always makes things so much better. (Maybe someday I will learn!) The striped print for the cuff of the case was just perfect.
 And I made an owl box to hold it all. (Thanks to Chen for the adorable fabric! It was part of a Pottery Barn sheet.) The mama and the 3 year old both adore owls and this will match the little one's bedroom perfectly.
 It makes a pretty good gift box, to boot.

edited to add: the tutorial for the storage cubes is here.