torn

Originally, this quilt was intended to be my "on the go" summer project. I told myself that I will make as many blocks as I have time to do throughout the summer and then when the kids start school, I'll sew them up, whatever the size may be: doll quilt, king sized or anywhere in between.

Yesterday was a dreary day and it felt like an applique day, so I thought I would get out this quilt and see how big my quilt would end up being.

Well, it's a pretty good size (42" x 53.5") considering the block construction and considering that this is my first applique project. However, it's not large enough to wrap up in, and it would be a shame to never be able to do so.
This morning I did a little math to see how many more blocks I would need to make it a decent sized lap quilt. Part of me REALLY wants to finish this right now. Part of me knows I'll be forever kicking myself if I don't make it just a little bit (107 blocks, to be precise) larger. Oh, the trials of a quilter.