round and round


I finished up my quilt along quilt last week and I've been sleeping under it every night since. Fall is here and it's officially "two quilt weather". Yahoo! The arrival of fall also means that my feet will be perpetually cold for the next 8-9 months, which is far less exciting.

As you know, this quilt ended up being more than I bargained for. Had I made the quilt before hand, there is no way I would have put all you "quilt along-ers" through all that trouble. But it ended well....I have a summery twin sized quilt out of the deal.
I quilted this one with my walking foot, as planned, right after I quilted my spiderweb. I had a marathon quilting weekend and I did both of these in a few days. It was pretty ambitious, but I was on a roll. (And hey, look, I'm not the only one who is getting sick of stippling!) I love the grid quilting on this pattern. It was handy to have such small squares, because I didn't have to mark anything.
The backing ended up being PERFECT for this quilt. The binding came from my stash and I LOVE how that matches, too. In the end, a very coordinated quilt, but still not too matchy-matchy.

But the thing I am most proud of is that I bought the fabric at Spring Quilt Market and I have a completed quilt before Fall Quilt Market arrived. THAT may be a once in a lifetime event.