finish it up Friday, week 14

Welcome to finish it up Friday! I have a finished quilt to share today, which always feels good!
This sweet little baby quilt was made from just one layer cake. I even had a few squares leftover, which I didn't mind a bit. :) The fabric is A Walk In the Woods, by Aneela Hoey for Moda. I just love it! It is soft & sweet and wonderful to work with. And did I mention it's as cute as the day is long?
To quilt it, I free motioned a simple loopy design all over in white thread. I like to use 70 weight thread, because is nice and thin and I like how the quilting fades into the background. Even on the bolder red blocks you can see the quilting but it doesn't look "thready". Perfect! Plus, it gives you a little more room for error. Or should I say imperfections? :)
I machine bound it using this fabulous dot from Sarah Jane's Children at Play line. I was going to bind it something pink, but that was just way too sweet. The light aqua worked so much better. I just love these dots!
For the back I used one of my favorite fabrics ever...picnic dot in mint. Totally impractical for a baby quilt, but hey, it's cute!!! And again, sweet, but not too sweet.
The pattern was adapted from my whirlygiggle block tutorial here.
The quilt measures 43" square.

Now it's your turn. Link up your finishes for the week! Remember to link to a specific post. Thanks for joining me for finish it up Friday! Hope you have a great weekend!