yep, still crazy

I made this quilt in two days! I will be the first to admit that I'm crazy! Back in January I received several boxes of fabric from my husband's best friend's sister's mother-in-law. (got all that?) My husband's best friend came down to visit this weekend. So, on Thursday morning I decided that I should make him a quilt from the fabric he passed along to me. He arrived at our house on Friday night. Once I decided to make it, I had no time to mess around!
I was planning to make it all from 5" squares, but due to the time constraints, I decided to mix 4 patches made from charm squares and larger blocks that finish at 9". I'm so glad I did! I had the quilt top done in a few short hours. Yay!
Then it was on to basting and quilting. For the quilting, I did a simple stipple in khaki thread. Thankfully, it all went smoothly. This red fabric on the back isn't a perfect match to the front, but I figured it was close enough. I actually liked having a darker fabric on the back. It adds a lot to the quilt.
I used a plaid fabric for the binding, which was just screaming to cut on the bias. I was a little nervous as to how top stitching the bias would work with machine binding, but I'm happy to say it went just fine and dandy. Actually, mitering the corners went much smoother than usual. What a happy surprise! I had the whole quilt done by 7 pm on Friday. I'll admit, I was pretty tired!

The quilt measures 63" x 81". I'm so glad that I finished it in time, even if my arms a little worse for the wear. :) I'm happy to say, he liked the quilt.