tumblers

I finished my tumbler quilt! A good friend sent me the pieces already cut out. What a sweet gift! All I had to do was assemble the blocks. Rather than baste and then quilt it, I basted it (sort of), then turned the quilt. This eliminated the binding. I was a little nervous to do so, since I hadn't done that since my first quilt, but I really wanted to leave the edges wavy.
After turning it, I hand quilted it using this vintage thread that came from my grandma's house. Perfect! (The thread, not the stitches. :) )
The back was pieced from the stash. I love how the black stitching worked on this quilt, both on the front and the back. I wasn't so sure it would work, but it ended up being just the right accent for all the colors. AND the backing. I love it when things come together like that.
I had to include this photo of my little helper guy. He's such a trooper. Sometimes I wonder if he hates being the tallest kid in the family. :) I just love this photo.
The quilt finishes 53" x 65"....it's the perfect lap size. It's already gotten a lot of use!