Milly

Another snow day here today! I can hardly believe it. My son didn't have school again today as we are under a winter weather advisory. It is snowing and windy. I am so thankful that I didn't have to go out today. It would have been a great day to work on a quilt. Instead....

I have seen a lot of cute stuffed toys around the blogs lately. I wanted to try one, so inspired by this adorable little hoodie that belongs to my darling little girl....


...I started this.

But I don't know where to go from here. Milly looks silly now, but I still have high hopes for her. I don't know how to attach the body (which I still have to make) and the head together, so I left a long neck for that reason. I am certain that she will be wearing something pink when I am done, and she will most certainly be wearing some sort of scarf to cover the stitches....stay tuned.

Today I am holding my little ones and my husband a little tighter. There are terrible things that are happening all around us (terminal illnesses, messy divorces, custody battles and more) and I am remembering that I have so much to be thankful for. Health. Family. Life.