velcro letter board

Hello there! I am so happy to get back here to my blog. I've missed it! But I did survive a week without any blogging! Aren't you proud of me? Kev asked me what I had accomplished in my week of no blogging. I said, "not much", but then I rattled off a fairly impressive list of things. I won't list them all here and now, but I think that throughout the week you will see most of what I have accomplished.

This is a project that has been in the works for YEARS!!! Maybe 5 or 6. Yes, I realize that most normal people (I am nowhere near normal) buy refrigerator magnets for their kids. That would be way too easy for me....it's got to me much more complex and handmade! It's a sickness. :)

We got the velcro on a roll on clearance at JoAnn's and the cabinet door at Gopher Bargain Center in St. Cloud, MN (I heart Gopher! This deserves it's own post someday.)

I made lots of extra letters, and I also made the fabric box a few months ago. (it's my prototype, so I still have some kinks to work through.)

And here it is, leaned up against my couch, complete. Ahhhh, such a relief to have this taken off my "in progress" list. It is so fun to use this with my boys.

Thank you all for Kev's birthday wishes. We had a great weekend of celebrating. I couldn't let the kids in on any of the planning, because they aren't so good with the secret keeping yet. I sent him guitar shopping on Saturday, and he bought a beautiful new one...needless to say he was very excited. So much fun.

Gratitudes:
1. A day spent with my friend Amy, playing fabric and working on a quilt
2. My dad, who turns 63 today
3. Tylenol for my teething baby girl (and me)