my twist on wardrobe refashioning

I love the whole idea of wardrobe refashioning that folks are trying. I am too chicken to give it a go, but someday I hope to.

I also LOVE rag rugs. My sister crochets gorgeous ones, and she gave this one to me for my birthday a few years back.

I love this rug! It is made from all cotton strips that she cut on the bias. I have wanted to attempt something like this as well, but I don't work with fabric cut on the bias if I can help it. I would rather make a quilt out of cotton fabrics. (the rug reminds me of some of the Gee's Bend Quilts...love those!)

So, my solution to all of this...

I am cutting up my old stained t-shirt (that was destined for the rag basket anyway) into 1/2" strips. Slip knotting the loops into a long string...

and crocheting those loops into my very own (cushy) rag rug.

I am using a huge (pink!) P hook and it is going quickly. That blue section is all from the one t-shirt (woman's L). We have a lot of clothing around my house that I can recycle in this way. I can not tell you how excited I am about this project!

And I did cut up my dictionary.
Some of the S pages are on their way to Sarah P.

Thanks to all of you who commented on my blog this week!
I appreciate it so much.