I'm not afraid of pleats anymore

This week my goal was to make gifts for others. Like Jennifer and Melissa, I want a granny gift closet. But first I have to catch up. I am way behind and I need to send out several gifts. So what do I do? Make myself a present.

Isn't she a beauty?

This bag is a lot bigger than I guessed it would be from looking at the photos in the book and from the others that I saw. It measures 18" across the bottom. But I love the size and the shape. I love the fabric, too. It was in the bargain bonanza section for $1.29/yard. And it's decorator weight, so no interfacing required. Good news for me, as I loathe interfacing. The blue parts are cotton so I did need to interface those. They got all crispy and wrinkly. Any tips on what I am doing wrong? The interfacing is Pellon brand, so I don't know what the deal is.

I added a loop at the top, to which I will attach a key ring, so I can hook my keys on it. (I usually spend 10 minutes rummaging in the bottom of my bag to find them. And in a bag this size, with all that it will hold, it would take even longer.) I put a plastic rectangle (template plastic) in the bottom to help hold the shape.

If you want to make one yourself, the pattern is in this book. I did add length to the handles...mine are about 28" long compared to the recommended 22" in the book. Other than that, I pretty much stuck to the pattern.

Hopefully this week I will have more projects from the same book and more gifts to show you. For someone other than me.