slow going

The gift making process is slow going. I keep getting sidetracked. And then I get all nervous wondering if anyone would even want the things that I am making. They seem so...insignificant. I am not feeling too sure of myself with my gifting plan so far.

This is the artsy clutch, again, from this book. I am going to be using this for a gift bag, essentially. For the loop closure I used the elastic thread that holds baby shoes in pairs when you buy them. Frugal or genius? Not sure. Miserly? Probably. It works well, because you only need a bit for each loop.

Inside the bag will be some handmade cards, inspired by this book.
(In case you are wondering, no, I can not come up with one single original way to stylize these photos.)
There is something really fun about sewing fabric to paper. If you haven't tried it, you really should!

And here is probably my favorite card of the lot. The selvage tucked in there makes me happy. It doesn't hurt that it's pink, either.