this one's for me

see, this is what happens when I try to take photos of my quilts.



and I'm really not complaining. :)

Yes, it's another happy hour quilt. This is a great pattern for a beginner. Aside from the cutting, (which is easy, but takes awhile) the quilt goes together in a snap. And it's a good way to show off fabrics with a larger print.

I used Heather Bailey Freshcut fabric, some Joel Dewberry and a few prints from Mill End Textiles. Oh, and there is some Denyse Schmidt fabric in there, too.

This time I used serger thread to quilt it. Although it's polyester, I love serger thread for a few reasons. It's thinner than the cotton stuff I usually use, so it blends in a bit better. And it comes on a spool with 3000 yards, so there is no danger of running out of thread during a project. I used light pink thread here and it blends in well, even with the green.

For the backing I used some Freshcut fabric that I got at my local quilt shop for 60% off. (It was difficult to stop from buying the whole bolt.)

The quilt measures about 70" square.
---------------
So this is the start of finish it up week for me. I have a bunch of projects that I need to complete, (pincushions, bunnies and quilts) so I am going to try to finish as many as possible. Anyone else care to join me?