12 days of Christmas gift bags

Last week I had a hair-brained idea-the kind of idea that is just too good to let simmer or to put off until next year. So for the better part of the past 4-5 days I spent working on this.

I made 12 little numbered gift bags...one for each of the 12 days of Christmas. I am going to fill them with little gifts + goodies for each of of my sisters.

Here's the second set.
The pattern for the bag was inspired the artsy clutch from this book. I skipped the lining and just used 2 contrasting fabrics. I've blogged about this before, but for the little loops I used the elastic string that keeps baby shoes in pairs when you buy them. It works perfectly and I LOVE re-using little bits like that. I printed off the numbers on the computer, then traced them to fusible web, which I then fused to the fabric, and then to the bags. It was quite a process, but so worth it. They turned out as good as I had imagined. I'm sure my sisters will LOVE them.

ALL items used for this project were from my stash!!! (My red fabric stash is very lean now.)

Making 12 of these was ambitious.
Making 24 was just plain crazy.

I'm going to strongly hint that my sisters return them to me next year.
(Maybe even filled with gifts.) :)