candy bar road


My Christmas candy bar road quilt is done!

This pattern is so quick, easy and fun!
I love how the pattern really lets the fabrics shine.
I used this fabulous striped fabric (Holly Jolly by Moda) for binding. Again.

To quilt it, I stippled an all over random pattern.
Such a surprise, I know! ;)

More apple green polka dot for the backing...

...and here it is, fresh out of the dryer.
Of course, I LOVE IT!
A few things to note:

1. The quilt is much more vibrant in real life. The photos aren't really conveying just how much the fabrics pop in this quilt.

2. This is a 100% stash quilt-which is just icing on the cake!

Since I've had some problems with quilts bleeding in the wash recently, I'm becoming a little paranoid to wash them. So, this time I used Kristie's tip of adding one cup of table salt into the wash and it worked perfectly-no color bleeding at all. That's what I'll be sticking to from now on-no more expensive color catchers for me.