doll bedding tutorial

This past weekend while we were traveling, I was able to finish up two doll quilts. I thought I would share a few measurements/directions on how to make these. It's not rocket science, by any means, but when you are in a time crunch, it's nice to have someone else do the math for you. (At least I think so.) I'm making a few sets of these for gifts for some special little people for Christmas.

This quilt measures 12" x 16".
The squares are 2.5" cut, and 2" finished.
I stippled it and bound it like all my larger quilts.

This one measures 14" x 18".
For the red, make a piece of patchwork that measures 18" x 2.5"
Cut 2 pieces of aqua fabric:
9.5" x 18" and 4" x 18".
Sew together using a quarter inch seam and quilt as desired.
For the pillows:

cut the fabric 4" x 6", sew on all 4 sides, but leave an opening for turning and stuffing, then sew the end shut. Easy peasy.

For the pillows, I used vintage cotton ticking that came from my grandma's house.
She bought it in 1978, when I wasn't quite 3 years old! It's high time that someone is using it.
I'm so glad that I'm the one who is. :)

For the pillows cases...

cut 2 pieces of fabric:
the one on the left is 3.5" x 9"
the one on the right is 5.25" x 9"

sew together using a 1/4" seam allowance
press the seam toward the smaller piece of fabric (in this case, to the left)
pin 2 sides and sew, again using a 1/4" seam

turn over the raw edge about 1/4", press

fold the end down to just cover the seam line
then press
this part is tricky because it's so small, but after a few, you'll be a pro (hopefully).
stitch around the cuff using a slight seam allowance.

turn the pillow right side out, and you are done.
seriously, how cute is that?

I was squealing with delight while I was making these.
And of course, the more you make, the cuter they are!
I have a feeling that the ones that are staying at my house are going to get a lot of use. :)