the most wonderful time of the year?

First off, thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Christmas quilt! You guys are so encouraging. I appreciate each and every comment that you left. :)

While I may be a fast quilter, I am slow in decorating my house for Christmas. I finally started-this morning. And did I mention that my kids are NOT is school today? Yes, that is a recipe for disaster. I realize this. Which leads me to my story....

So we were decorating the tree. My kids are 2 1/2, 5 and 8. They are VERY excited for Christmas. And they all wanted to help. The entire time. First, we assembled the tree. The older 2 helped spread out the branches and hooked them on to the tree. Then I put the lights on. I plugged them in to see if they all work. They were fine. So I strung them on (the worst part of putting up the tree, if you ask me). And then we put on the paper chain that the kids made over the weekend. Then came the ornaments. A LOT of ornaments. When we were ALMOST done, I was putting an ornament on a branch and accidentally knicked one of the lights. ALL the lights went out. Every single one. Lovely. And to top it all of, the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" came on the radio. I kid you not. Oh, the irony. It might BE the most wonderful time of the year. But for today, it sure doesn't FEEL like the most wonderful time of the year.

Oh, well, at least my new tree skirt looks pretty under my tree that won't light up.