knitting

thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the nice comments on my snippets quilt! i appreciate each and every one. my son saw it on the wall when he came home from school and he said, "i like the other one better." i had to laugh. he likes change about as much as his mama does. :)
-----------
i've been knitting. a lot. it's been crazy cold here, so i have a good reason to finish up all these projects. the sooner the better!

mistake stitch scarf

i love the texture...it's an easy knit...and the name...could you ask for anything better? i mean, it's got mistake in the title! that's my kind of knitting project. :) i'm nearly done with this one...(this photo was taken a few weeks ago). oh, and the fact that it's pink AND orange makes me giddy.

chunky knit beanie

i had this yarn on hand and it was intended for a scarf, but that didn't work out.
so it's going to be a hat for my daughter instead.
this is my second try. i knit it in the round the first time and it had obvious problems. (i'm a rookie.) this time i am knitting it flat, then i will sew it up. it's looking much better. (yay)

my so called scarf

this is for my neighbor mary. she picked out the yarn + color. isn't it fabulous? i knit this pattern once before in orange and i gave it to heather. (she finally started a blog!) next time i knit this scarf pattern, i'm keeping it. :)

i am beyond excited about these....i LOVE fingerless gloves. i can't believe that i'm actually knitting on DPN's!
if these mitts work out, i can see having a collection of them in every color imaginable.
thank you leslie for sharing such great patterns!

this is my first attempt at a sock. it's supposed to be a spiral knit sock (therefore no heel) but it's not working out quite right. i'm going to keep trying.


after i'm finished with all of these, i have several requests from my boys for scarves and hand warmers. too bad their favorite color of yarn is camo. we might have to negotiate that one.