snippets


normally, i'm not one to hang quilts on the walls.
but i am slowly changing my mind.
this quilt really helps to persuade me to do so!
it's too white for a baby quilt. or a throw.
but perfect for my front entry wall.

this is the back-i LOVE the one little strip of patchwork.

this quilt is all scraps, except for the binding-i even pieced the batting.

all the little colored bits were pieces that were minuscule, but i still couldn't bear to throw them away. i'm so glad that i didn't! that being said, this was a very intense quilt to piece. it took me a long time.

i stitched a sleeve to the top, then inserted a dowel for hanging.

most of the colored scraps are only about 1" wide.

i quilted it on the diagonal using a walking foot and 2" wide tape for marking the lines. i chose a grid pattern for a few reasons: there are so many seams both in the front and the back-i was afraid that it would get bunchy if i stippled it. plus, stippling is hard on my arms. the straight line quilting (especially on this scale) was much easier. actually, i think jacquie is rubbing off on me. ;) she does gorgeous grid quilting.

the final piece measures 32" x 47".

again, the tutorial is here.

I LOVE this quilt!!!!!!!!!