elia's quilt

elia's quilt-front

This past weekend we had a birthday party to go to for my dear friend's little girl. She turned one. And we went bearing gifts-I mean quilts!



This quilt is really two in one. I shared the tutorial for the front here. It is so easy and quick! I can't wait to try it in a different color scheme.

elia's quilt-back

For the back, I used a crib sheet I picked up at Target. It was on clearance and I loved the print. Since the quilt is 45" x 60", the sheet wasn't quite big enough to cover the entire back, so I added fabrics from my stash to make it larger. I LOVE the results.



Here's a closer view of the fabric in the middle panel.



To finish off the quilt, I bound it in a solid aqua.



To quilt it, I did an all over stipple. After washing and drying, I am happy to say that I love the front and the back. I usually have a favorite, but this time I think I love them both equally.



Also, I just HAD to make her a matching baby doll quilt to go with it. :)