filmstrip

filmstrip
This quilt is going to be a door prize at the retreat that I will be teaching at in November. (That's in 6 weeks!) It is made from Moda's Nouveau fabric line and Kona cotton (color=bone). It was my first time using Kona cotton for sashing a quilt. It was ok, but I'm not hooked on it like I was afraid I might be.

As I mentioned in my last post, the quilt had a redesign along the way. Originally I was going to configure the blocks like this. But I switched it at the last minute. You gotta listen to what the quilt is telling you, right V? ;)

The quilt measures 63" x 77" after washing. (it was 64" x 80" before quilting and washing.)
filmstrip-back
Of course, it's two quilts in one. I L-O-V-E the back. I really need to figure out how to design my quilt backs to be quilt fronts. I am determined to figure it out. Soon! Or else it will drive. Me. CRAZY. (and my husband, too.)

I love this busy print for binding. LOVE it!

I'm happy to have this one done. It was challenging, but well worth it. I think my favorite part was playing with fabric that someone else (Tara) had selected.

Now, on to the next...