i'm stuck


I have had my spiderweb quilt top together for weeks now, but I'm having a hard time settling on a backing. Anything would go on the back of this, and I think that's the problem. It's hard to narrow it down from "anything" to the one perfect fabric.

Originally I was thinking of using a plain creamy white backing, as to not detract from the front. The problem with that is that the white backing is more susceptible to stains, and I want this baby to last a LONG time. At this point I'm planning on red polka dot for the binding but that's not set in stone. Any suggestions on what I should do for the back?
-----
Yesterday many of you asked how I get my quilt fronts lined up with my quilt backs....and it's not that I'm that good...

It's my tile floor.

I just line the pieced back up with the grid on the floor, and it makes lining up the front very, very easy. Did I mention that this was one of the selling points of the house for me? At first I thought it was weird to have tile flooring in a basement-carpet would be much warmer-but tile sure does come in handy for basting quilts. :)

Since I know someone will ask, I have a basting tutorial here.

Oh and one more thing...Tara answers some questions that you may have about the retreat here.

Happy weekend to you! xo