quilts of valor

It was one of my goals this year to donate two quilts to the Quilts of Valor. One of my local quilt shops is a drop off site, which makes it easy to donate, and I think it's a great cause. Considering the fact that it is September already...well, I'm kind of running out of time. So I'm wondering if you would like to help. I am looking for 59 of you that would be willing to donate one block to the cause. I will assemble and finish the quilts, then donate them when they are completed.

If you are interested, please read the specifics carefully:

I am requesting that you make a maverick star block. There is a tutorial here.

I would like the blocks to be made from red, white and blue fabrics. (or red and white, or blue and white, or red and blue....you get the idea.) If you use white, it doesn't necessarily have to be the background color.

Please Please PLEASE make sure that the final block measures 12.5" unfinished. If the block is not 12.5", I reserve the right to alter the block or to omit the block all together. I'm not trying to be mean here, but I don't want to struggle to assemble the tops with various sizes of blocks. I've been there, done that and nearly pulled my hair out.

I would like the blocks to be mailed back to me by the end of September. I realize that is not a lot of time, but if you are like me, a deadline is good. And a short deadline is even better. :)

Anyone interested? Questions? If so, please leave me a comment which includes your email address. Thanks in advance!