fuddy is not duddy challenge quilt

This is my entry for the fuddy is not duddy challenge. The guidelines were to use brown, green and burgundy and add only one additional color to make modern looking mini quilt. Of course I chose to add white! What a shocker, I know. :) I had a few different ideas when I started cutting my fabric, but in the end I went with wonky crosses. The are so fun to make! I still debate about whether I should have added more white sashing in or not, but then again I like the blocks all smashed together. The crosses are machine quilted and then I added some hand quilting in all the white squares. I love what the hand quilting added to the quilt-it really helped finish it off. It measures 15" x 14.5".
This challenge was right up my alley...given my history with wanting to rescue fabric and all. I can safely say that I am not about to use these colors all the time, but I think that they CAN look pretty good. It's all about what you add to it. Thanks for the fun challenge, Cheryl! If you are interested, you can see the other challenge quilts here.

Happy Monday to you!