quilting

I just finished quilting my (20!) blocks for my machine quilting sampler quilt.

A few reasons I love this project...
You get to play with all kinds of different quilting patterns, not to mention thread colors! I love to machine quilt, especially when things are going well, LOL!
You get to use up leftover batting pieces. Who doesn't have a plethora of those lying around?
You get to use stash. I have plenty to use....and solids? Twist my arm!
Then, when you are all done, you get to wrap up in a beautifully textured quilt. This one is going to have a LOT going on. I can't wait to wash and dry it and see how it feels. Maybe I'm getting a little (just a little) ahead of myself. I still have to trim the blocks and then join all these babies together.

The downside of this project...

Too much time to think of new projects to work on, or shoot, even variations of this one! Can you imagine a quilt like this done will all pebble quilting in cool colors? Mmmmmmmm. Sign me up!


These two blocks are new-to-me quilting designs. They are my favorite of the bunch, at least at the moment!
If you are looking for some free motion quilting inspiration, Christina at A Few Scraps has a LOT of fun ideas to try. They really helped me out when I was down to the last few blocks. Thanks so much, Christina!