madilynn's quilt

Yesterday I hosted a baby shower (with the help of a few good friends) for my friend Tanya and her little baby girl. Of course I had to make them a quilt. :) I don't really make that many baby quilts, so I always forget how much fun they are! I love that you can start and finish one in a few short days.
I went with a simple patchwork pattern with a few random circles thrown in. I started with 5 circles (on white background squares) when I pieced the quilt. After the quilt top was done, I decided that the circles were too sparse, so I cut a few more to add on. I ended up quilting them right on to the quilt sandwich. It worked fine and dandy! It's fun to design on the fly. :)
The circles have raw edges, so they frayed nicely in the wash. I quilted the circles in spirals and the rest was stippled. The whole quilt crinkled up quite a bit after washing and drying. Yay!
The binding is from the Children at Play line. LOVE this fabric for binding. It's just so sweet!
The backing is Remix by Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman. I picked this up last summer for a song. It's the perfect baby (girl) quilt backing! I'm happy I still have a bunch left. The quilt measures 40" x 50". I'm pretty certain that this quilt will be well used and loved. Hurray!

And while we are on the subject of baby quilts....remember this one? My daughter and I went to a birthday party a few weeks ago, and the new little guy was passed all around the room wrapped in his quilt. It made me so very happy to see his quilt in use! He made it look so much better. :) Aren't those little feet so adorable???

Happy Monday to you!