family fun

My sister often asks me in her letters, "what fun things have you done with your family this week?" Little does she know how much guilt that question usually brings. I rarely plan fun things to do with my family. I feel we are usually focusing on survival. Once I think about it though, I can usually come up with a few fun things we have done together, like:
...making the alphabet out of K'nex.

...watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer together. (I remember being so freaked out by the abominable snowman as a kid.)

...shoveling snow. The boys helped me start on the driveway last night. I was thrilled to see that they are of the age that they can start helping out with some of these big tasks. We had fun shoveling. Go figure. :)

Thanks, Clair, for the reminder to enjoy those little things. I needed that.
------------
And here is a sneak peek of today's quilt project.
I *heart* this quilt.