house of girls II



In seven years of quilting, this is my first charity quilt. About time, no? This is going to be donated to my church for the Women's Christmas Dinner Silent Auction, which is tonight. The quilt was finished last night around 11pm. (See, I can make a deadline once in awhile.)

It was improvisational pieced, again. All you need to do is take 2 pieces of pretty fabric, sew them together, press, add another piece of pretty fabric....on and on until the piece is big enough for a quilt. This type of piecing is so addictive! I recommend you try it sometime.

Polka dots are my favorite choice for the binding these days.

The backing is a heavier weight cotton purchased at Mill End last April while shopping with Roxanne. (It's good to be using up some of that stash.)

The quilt is a lap size, measuring about 55" x 70". It was quilted on my Juki, again with the meandering. (It's basically all I do anymore.)

And for those of you keeping track, this is #15 completed for the year. I hope to squeeze in a few more finished before the end of the year.