quilt-a-long, week 5

Welcome to week 5 of the quilt-a-long. Have I told you lately how excited I am that y'all are quilting along with me? It makes me so very happy....thank you! I am so appreciative that you have taken an interest in this project. And those of you who are using your stash get extra points. (hee hee)

This was going to be the block for today...I tried to do something simple and quick because I am busy and I am sure you are busy, too. But once it was finished, I thought it looked a little too familiar.

It is basically the same block as week #1, just a different way of putting it together.
So, I tried again. (oy!) Maybe I can laugh about this tomorrow.



Lets get on with it, shall we?

cut 4 squares 2 7/8" from the background fabric

cut 16 squares 2.5" from the background fabric

cut 5 squares 2.5" from 2 different fabrics, for a total of 10 squares

from a different fabric, cut 2 squares 2 7/8" and one square 2.5"

and from another fabric cut 2 squares 2 7/8" and one square 2.5"
mark all 4 of your 2 7/8" background squares with a pencil on the diagonal on the wrong side of the fabric. pin together one background and one colored square right sides together.

sew on each side of the line a quarter inch. do this for 4 sets of squares....

press open and you should have 4 squares of each fabric,
for a total of 8 half square triangle blocks

layout your block as shown

sew together

and you should have this...repeat for the other block...

now, for the nine patches

layout as shown

sew together

and you should have 2 nine patch blocks


(that was easier than the first two, wasn't it?)

layout as shown

sew together

and here is your completed block...it should measure 12.5".

as always, any questions will be answered in the comments.
if you have joined in and I haven't added your name in the sidebar, send me a quick email and I will add it. :)