pants made from pants

Thanks for all the get well wishes. I am happy to report that I am feeling much better. It was good to take a little break, but I am so happy to be back. I missed you guys!

This project has been in my head for months. It's simple, quick and inexpensive.
I took a pair of my pants that no longer fit me properly, placed pattern pieces (in my daughter's size) at the bottom hem of the pants, cut and sewed these up in a jiffy.

Adding a casing and some elastic at the top was all I needed to do to finish them up since the hem was already in place. These will compliment my daughter's many pink sweaters. I love pink and brown together.

I think the entire process took less than one hour, which included drafting a pattern from an existing pair of her pants and testing the pattern using a vintage pillow case.

Man, it feels good to cross this project off my list.