baby log cabin quilt


I'm not normally one to hang quilts on the wall, but after finishing this baby log cabin quilt a few weeks ago, I discovered that it fit perfectly in my daughter's room. I couldn't resist.

My husband hung up the pottery barn inspired shelf that I made years ago beneath it, which is a lovely place to have Milly and Melvin sit. (Thankfully, I finally got those two clothed!)

here's a close up of one of the quilt blocks....
(the white on white polka dot came from the very generous Marcia...I love that fabric.)

the backing/binding...

and all together it creates a cozy little reading nook for my daughter. After nearly a year in this house, I am finally decorating. Ya-hoo!

There is a tutorial here for the log cabin blocks.

Check out the beautiful one that Jane made using the same pattern.