plain spoken, again


I finished another plain spoken quilt. I adore this pattern. This quilt was part of baby quilt week, but it is actually more like a lap size-it measures 46" x 56". The pattern is from The Modern Quilt Workshop.

The backing fabric is decorator weight. I picked up this stuff for $1.29 a yard! It's extra wide, so no piecing was required. It also makes the quilt heavier, which I like.

I went through the trouble of making bias binding, which was totally worth it. I love that detail on this quilt.

My intent of baby quilt week was to make quilts for charity. I'm not doing so well with that...I doubt I will be able to give this one up. I love this quilt, but my daughter really doesn't need 6 quilts in her room, so I'm torn. Either way, though, it does feel good to have it finished, because my "in progress" list was beginning to scare me.