virtual quilting bee and a call for ideas


The quilt block shown above is for the Virtual Quilting Bee. This one is for Melissa. Yesterday I googled how to make flying geese and I came across this fabulous tutorial. I don't have the ruler, but I didn't really need it. This technique made flying geese construction so very easy. I'm completely hooked. I am planning to start a new spectrum quilt of sorts...one inspired by this masterpiece...using my stash. You know, in my spare time. (Ha!) I don't know how far I will get with it. I'd really love to make a king sized quilt like this, but I will be happy if it only ends up being a baby size. A big thank you to moving hands for posting such inspiring quilts year after year for all of us to see, since it is highly doubtful that I will ever make it to Tokyo for the International Quilt Festival in my lifetime.

----

I couldn't decide for the life of me which tutorial to do next for my series. I have several ideas, but nothing that I was super excited to work on today, you know? I plan to come up with the tutorials that have been requested, like a Christmas tree skirt and Christmas stockings, but I am still working on formulating the designs for those. And they will take a little time. Anything else you would like to see tutorial wise? I'm not making any promises, but I'd love to hear your ideas.