flickr groups you may or may not know about

Rene and I had a discussion about flickr groups way back in June. There are so many good flickr groups out there, but sometimes it's hard to find them. I'm going to highlight a few of my favorites here. And hey, it's only taken me 4 months to get around to it! :)

Carin just started a group for the Fair and Square quilt pattern. I finished this quilt top yesterday and it will be sent to MHC soon. They will quilt it, bind it and give it to someone in need. YAY! (One more thing off the WIP list!) They are always up for more quilt (or quilt top) donations if you wish to help. If you've sewn one of these up already, add it to the flickr group! It's so fun to see all the variations of a single pattern.

In my last post I had several people asked if I liked my Juki. I had to laugh, because I thought my deep love for my Juki was common knowledge. :) I wrote more details in my FAQ post about it. I will add this: if my machine died today, I'd replace it with the exact same model. The discussion in the comments made me think I should start a group on flickr about sewing machines, and likes vs. dislikes of your current machine. I did a search and there's already a group for it. Hurrah! It's called Sew me your machine. For those of you in the market for a new machine, it may be something to check out. For those of you who love your machine, can you add your 2 cents to the pool? It's so nice to read reviews of a machine (by real people) before buying. I am only making this plug because I could find next to nothing on-line for Juki machine reviews when I bought mine. It would have been super helpful to have reviews to reference.

Have you seen the scrappy mug rug swap group? Oh-my-goodness! Cuteness overload.

Simply solid quilts. Be prepared for inspiration overload (or total intimidation, which happened to me).

My morning cup is a cute group.

There is a group for Manly Quilts. You all know how hard those are to make. Some great ideas there.

Lots of inspiration for Quilt Backs. This is a personal fav since I'm a huge fan of pieced quilt backs.

There is a zig zag quilt group.


The half square triangle group is amazing!

Are you a moda addict? There is a group for you, too! Mad for moda.

I know I linked to this one before, too, but it's a good one. Modern quilting stitches: Life beyond Stippling.

How about you? Do you flickr? Are there any good groups I should know about? You know, because I need to spend even more time on-line than I already do.