i wish i could dress this cute!

I'm making my peace with the fact that my "to do" list is hopeless. Completely hopeless. You see, I'm not the only one who adds to it. My husband regularly says, "You know what you need to make?...." Then he rattles off one of his great ideas. I know I shouldn't complain...inspiration overload sure beats twiddling my thumbs. That's what I try to tell myself anyway.


This project was my husband's brain child. Last winter I was knitting a striped hat, and he thought it would make a great skirt for our daughter. I don't know if that means I have a big head or if I have a little daughter, or both! It wasn't long before I headed to the yarn shop to pick out some yarn. What a hardship, I know, but someone had to do it. ;) Actually, having your husband dream up the projects is a great license to go to the yarn shop and spend some money without any complaint on his part. It's wonderful!

I knit like I quilt...mostly without a pattern. I wasn't sure that this would work, but hurrah! It did! And on the first shot, no less. I'm (more than) a little surprised. :) Too bad it wouldn't be cute in my size...

Happy Monday to you!