right under my nose

I have owned my Juki for precisely 4 years and 2 weeks.
Do you want to know what I found in my bag of tricks today? I don't think that I can emphasize the word "today" enough.
I found this little foot. I noticed that it has a marking on the side that says CR1/4E. The 1/4 thing piqued my curiosity.
I looked in my sewing machine manual to see what it was. There was only this tiny little section talking about the "compensating presser foot". I quote "It is convienent to sew material end straight."
First off, I got a huge kick out of the wording. It just sounded funny to me. You could almost take it as "your project will come together better if you sew your ends together properly." But what the manual should say is: "Use this amazing and handy little foot to get consistent 1/4" seam allowances." How on earth did I not know this?
See that bar on the right? It guides your fabric.
And gives you a consistent 1/4" seam allowance. Every. single. time.

I am laughing so hard at myself right now. (Because it sure beats kicking myself over and over and over and over again.) :)