sewing with my boys

My boys have taken an interest in sewing. I'm not sure if they have taken a "if you can't beat them, join them" approach with me or what. Maybe they love the speed of my Juki? Or maybe they love the process of creating as much as I do? (How fun would THAT be?!?!) Whatever the reason, they LOVE sewing. It makes me nervous to have them sitting at a machine that can sew 1500 stitches per minute, but they are doing great. Their 1/4" seam isn't spot on yet, but my 10 year old does sew an impressive seam. My 7 year old LOVES to iron, and he does well sewing, too. (Don't get me wrong, this process isn't without it's tense moments!)

On Sunday night we took a bunch of strings that I wasn't crazy about (some of them are fine, but some of them have been recycled so many times that I'm sick of seeing them), and we started sewing them all together. Now that they are together, I like the fabrics again. Funny how that works! I do believe that it will make a dandy quilt.

As long as my boys are having fun with it, I refuse to feel guilty about being dangerously close to running a sweatshop. :)