finish it up Friday, week 12

Welcome to week 12 of finish it up Friday!

I started this quilt for a friend shortly before Christmas and finished it on the 31st of December, so it's been done for awhile. Last night I gave it to a sweet friend as a belated birthday gift (she LOVED it!), so I can finally blog about it!
I started with a simple patchwork center, made mainly from 30's prints (Hope Chest fabrics from Connecting Threads and other stash) and then added a wide white border, which I scalloped. It was my first time ever scalloping edges and I love the look! The process wasn't too bad, either. I started by watching this tutorial. I didn't want to order their special gadget for scalloping, so I used a plate and a water soluable marker and pins. A little marking and remarking the curves before cutting, and I was good to go. The results ended up pretty dandy! The edges are bound with bias binding. It's roughly a twin size, but I made it so it could also double as a table topper for her dining room table. Or it can be used as a lap quilt, too. Gotta love having so many options!

Now it's your turn! Please link up and share your finishes for the week. Remember to link up to a specific post and comment on other links so we can cheer each other on as we celebrate our finishes.
Happy Friday to you!