tiny trash can and a new pattern

This is another one of those projects that I've been meaning to make for awhile. It's a cute little "trash can" to use while I do my handwork projects. I was using a clear plastic baggie (which felt so incredibly lame) so this fabric version is a major upgrade. The hand stitching around the cuff was inspired by Nova. (Have you spent time on her flickr stream? So much to love there!) I used some treasured Kaffe fabric for the outside and Montecito fabric for the lining. For once I didn't use "junk" fabric for my first try. Maybe there IS hope for me and my fabric hoarding tendencies after all?!?!
It's flexible, so it folds up and fits nicely in my little travel box. It was super quick to construct-I think it took me longer to get a half decent photo than it took me to sew it up. Hurray for an instant gratification project!

Now for a non-instant gratification project...I have a new pattern up for sale in my shop!
This quilt, Lazy Summer Days, was originally designed for the Sew Hip Magazine as a mystery quilt pattern. I'm happy to announce that it's finally for sale as a stand alone pdf pattern. If you are not a pastel lover it looks great in bolder colors, too. You can read more details about the pattern and purchase it here.