let 'em mingle

sherbet pips fat quarters on the left, ruby fat quarters on the right
I came to the decision that I needed to split up these lovelies, even though it just seems so...wrong...you know?

Normally, I sort my stash by color, but when I get a FQ bundle, I have a hard time letting them mingle in the stash. It's silly, really, because mixing colors and fabric is one of my very favorite parts of quilting. It's NICE to have the pretty stacks of fabric all color coordinated. But then I have to think of the PERFECT quilt idea that matches that fabric bundle. And then I have to actually find the TIME to sew it up. In the end, the fabric sits for quite awhile. Too long, usually! So, I thought it's best to let them mingle with others. This was a HUGE stretch for me, as I can hardly make myself unbundle them in the first place, (I'll confess, the plastic was still on the bundle on the right) let alone mix them up. But I have a feeling that the this way the fabric will actually get used. What a concept!

Next on the list, a few of my (not so favorite) layer cakes divided up into the scrap baskets.

After all, it's all just fabric, right?