block of the week quilt

edit: the quilt is about a twin size

Marcia asked me if I could show a picture of the completed quilt-a-long quilt.

The quilt shown here was made from a block of the month program at my former local quilt shop a few years back. This is what I am basing the design of my 30's quilt-a-long project on. I will change several of the blocks to ones that are easier. (you can thank me later...some of these were buggers to piece!) I hesitate to show you the photo of this quilt, because I don't want to turn anyone off. The civil war fabrics aren't so much my style, but I really do like the quilt. And it does look better in person. I am excited to see how this quilt will look in 30's prints.

This is how I chose to put my 12 blocks together, but when you get your 12 blocks (or 24 blocks, for some of you) completed, you can arrange them any way you choose. Otherwise, I will walk you through the process to achieve something similar to this.

One reason I am enjoying this quilt-a-long so much, (besides the fact that you are joining me and are sharing in the excitement!), is because it is giving me a chance to explore how changing the fabric changes the quilt. This is something that I have wanted to explore for a long time now, but I am not really into making multiple quilts in the same pattern. {Unlike some people I know. :) } It will be so much fun to see how your fabric combinations come together, too.

Thanks, Marcia, for asking the question, so I had something to post about today. :)