quilt-a-long, week 2

Welcome to week 2 of the quilt-a-long. I can not believe the response that I got from all of you-thank you so much! It's still not too late to join in if you would like. I am putting a link to the instructions from each week in the sidebar under the tutorials section so they will be easy to reference. I am using a 1/4" seam allowance throughout.

For block 2:

cut 10 squares 2.5" from the background fabric

cut 2 squares 4.5" from the background fabric

cut 6 squares 2.5" from fabric 1

cut 6 rectangles 2.5" x 4.5" from fabric 2

layout and sew together as shown





Each block should measure (approximately) 12.5" square when to this point.

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them in the comments once again.
I hope you all are having fun with this!

I've added a flickr group here for the quilt-a-long.