meant to be


My mom loved to create things. She knit, crocheted, decorated and sewed. (She used A LOT of polyester, but hey, it was the 70's.) Anyway, my mom passed away in the early 80's when I was just a little girl. This awesome piece of fabric has been sitting in her cedar chest for about 25 years. A few years ago I asked my dad if I could have some of the fabric that was hers. He agreed, so I have been toting this piece around since then. The other night I decided to try my hand at skirt sewing. (Never mind that we just had our first few snow flurries of the season.) I didn't have to cut this piece of fabric a bit. I sewed it up the side. Hemmed the bottom. Sewed in a casing, added the elastic and sewed it up. It fits perfectly. Perfect length and everything.
I can't wait for summer so I can wear it.

My sweet, sweet boy said, "then when you wear it you can think of your mom."

Exactly.