born on the 4th of July


I don't have a cute photo of me when I was small (or one of me now, for that matter) to share with you today. I tried to get my kids to draw portraits of me so I could post some great kid artwork, but that didn't pan out, either. So here are a few of my flickr favorites instead. To see the photo credits, click here.

Today I turn 33. It's pretty great having a birthday on the 4th. I always get fireworks for my birthday. It's my sister's birthday, too, so I always have someone to celebrate with (even if it is from a distance). When I was working, I always got the day off with pay. And usually my birthday celebration carries on for several days. It's pretty dandy. I started off my day with a birthday phone call from my dear friend. My husband bought me a new laptop(!!!), and I should get some sewing time in. It's going to be a good birthday.

Happy 4th to you!