star quilt along, week 13

Welcome to week 13 of the quilt along! This is the last star-we made it!! It's been fun for me to watch the quilts come together in different color schemes with out all the work of doing it myself. :)

For this week's star:

cut one square 5 1/4" from the background fabric

cut it in half on the diagonal, twice, to make 4 quarter square triangles

cut 4 squares 4 1/2" from the background fabric

cut two squares 5 1/4" one from a medium and one from a dark fabric

cut each of those on the diagonal, twice, to make 4 quarter square triangles

cut 2 squares 4 7/8" one from the medium and one from the dark fabric

cut each square in half on the diagonal once, to make half square triangles

layout as shown

there is a great tip here for sewing the triangles to the corner square

sew together



and square up to 12.5".

Isn't this a great block? I think it's one of my favorites. (Do I say that every week?)

Thanks, as always, for quilting along with me.